All Sub Positions are currently available.
Trillium Charter School is looking for the following substitutes: Preschool, K-5, 6-8, 9-12, and Aftercare. These substitute positions are on-call as needed. Qualified substitutes will be called on to meet the needs of students’ through instruction and implementation. Preferred applicant must have an active license with the state of Oregon Teacher Standards and Practices Commission. Familiarity with democratic education approaches and philosophy is also preferred. Our mission is to create an academically rigorous constructivist learning environment that engages each student’s unique spirit and intellect, develops creative, critical thinking skills, and cultivates compassionate, active citizens.
Essential Job Functions
• Responsible for ensuring that classroom and curriculum meet Trillium philosophy.
• Coordinates developmentally appropriate lessons and activities.
• Provides instruction, organization and management in the classroom which creates a respectful environment conducive to learning.
• Supervises students both in and out of the classroom in a respectful and positive manner.
• Other duties as assigned by the school Director.
• Responsible for appropriate use of space, equipment, and material storage.
• Responsible for creating and maintaining a healthy and safe environment within the classroom and the school.
• Adheres to all school systems, protocols and policies that are developed.
• Maintain a high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality when dealing with student information.
• Arrives at work on time.
• Required to be a respectful, cooperative, and reliable team member.
• Maintains professional competence through participation in school provided in-service activities and/or self-selected professional growth activities related to job responsibilities.
• For teachers with Oregon state certification: Maintains a valid Oregon teaching license registered in the manner provided by law during employment.
• For teachers without Oregon state certification: Maintains a valid Oregon Charter School Registration in the manner provided by law during employment.
• Preschool and Aftercare: at least 2 years experience working with Preschool and/or K-5 children; and or comparable academic experience.
• K-12: Bachelor Degree. Preferred Master Degree in Education.
• Clear communication skills, both orally and in written form.
• Strong organization skills to coordinate artists in residence.
• Ability to work collaboratively as part of a grade level team.
• Ability to create a positive, nurturing environment for the student.
To apply: please send your cover letter, résumé, and 3 professional references via the email provided.