Hi friends and colleagues. Our high school seniors are completing their senior projects right now and have one last defense to their committees before they present publicly. We need some community members to attend and you all would be such welcome attendees. If you are interested and available let me know. We would ask for an hour of your time between May 7th and May 9th depending upon the project. Here is a list of projects.
1. Research into malaria and prevention of malaria in Kenya.
2. Making shoes with wooden soles and fabric uppers, in addition to writing a paper about my process and various cultural factors that have influenced shoe design.
3. For several months I have been interning at the Applied Archaeological Research firm (AAR). There I have re-articulated a tortoise from its remaining bones.
4. I made a graphic novel Mom, look at me!
5. My project is an investigation into the struggles, hard labor and emotional outlooks of what it is to be an EMT or Firefighter.
6. Learning to live after the collapse: how to survive in the world of domesticated humans gone wild.
7. “[Bad Guise] is a collection of interconnecting stories… …with sharp wit and darkly earnest humor, Bad Guise consistently begs the question: what makes someone a bad person?”
8. Producing an album of music to start a career as a musician.
9. I am investigating the question, “What habits in life are most effective in keeping oneself healthy?”
10. My project is an explanation of mindfulness and its importance to well being in the context of my own practice of music.
11. It’s my recovery from the addiction of mood-altering substances, primarily marijuana, and the research into the topic including what addiction is, how the addictive personality is formed, and recovery. I will also be sharing my story.
12. My project focuses on the importance and values of service learning. I have both physically participated in service projects throughout the year as well as assisted in the logistical pieces that go into developing a sustainable service learning program. My physical component is a collection of writing, journal entries, reflections and what I have been doing throughout my senior year.
13. Writing fiction.
14. Loralei is a video game that can be played on the computer, made entirely by me with my own art and storytelling. My main focus as an artist is storytelling and a video game is an interactive, art based story, as well as something I have always wanted to do.
15. I taught Ballroom dance to middle and high school students throughout this year and have choreographed and taught a Swing team performance piece that will be performed during Senior Project Night. I have also written about the history of Ballroom dance, a few critiques of other ballroom performances, and reflected on different teaching styles I have been exposed to as well as my journey through teaching my own class.